Successful online learners are…
- Good independent learners
- Disciplined about finishing class work
- Comfortable with technology
- Proficient readers with good comprehension
- Comfortable communicating online with professors and peers
- Be sure to activate your MyNMSU account. To activate your MyNMSU account please click here https://myaccount.nmsu.edu/activation. If you are having issues with this process please contact ICT @ (575) 646-1840.
- Order your books and supplies early so that you have what you need at the beginning of the course.
- If you are an on-line student make sure that you have a working and reliable computer.
- Have your Internet service active with the fastest connection that is affordable for you. The faster your internet connection, the more enjoyable and productive your online education will be.
- Be sure to meet any technology skills prerequisites. This is a good time to brush up on the applications you will be using.
- You will be using several of the applications offered in Microsoft Office 365, be sure to have all required software. Please click on this link to download your free version of Microsoft Office 365. Check your equipment and software and make sure everything is functioning properly.
Class & Study Tips
- Thoroughly review the course syllabus/schedule so that you will completely understand all requirements as soon as the course begins.
- Message your instructor with any questions you may have.
- Check the class announcements often for new postings.
- Check your inbox frequently for new messages.
- Be observant of copyright laws and never plagiarize.
- Keep all inbox correspondence with the instructor and classmates for your records.
- It helps to have a regular study time each day. Try to study in the same place, too. If you study for long periods of time, take a break each hour.
- Don’t procrastinate! stick to your schedule. If you run into any trouble, contact your instructor as soon as possible.
- If you have trouble with an assignment, contact you instructor as soon as possible.
- Chances are, if you have a question someone else in the class has the same exact question.
- If you need help, ASK for it!