Doña Ana Community College is committed to a policy of fair treatment of its students in their relationships with fellow students, faculty, staff and administrators. Students are encouraged to seek an informal resolution of the matter directly with the faculty or individual(s) involved when possible. For matters where a resolution is not feasible, a Student Complaint Form must be completed. After you complete the complaint form, it is reviewed by the Office of Student Services and forwarded to the appropriate administrative official based on the subject matter.
Depending on the subject matter, students will be required to file an academic or non-academic grievance in accordance with NMSU policy and the DACC Student Code of Conduct.
The VPSS Office will monitor the activity and maintain the student complaint log. The student complaint log will contain the following information:
- the date the complaint was file
- the nature of the complaint
- the steps taken to resolve the complaint
- the final decision regarding the complaint, including referral to outside agencies, and
- any other external actions initiated by the student to resolve the complaint, if known to Doña Ana Community