Doña Ana Community College Mission, Vision, and Values
DACC is a responsive and accessible learning-centered community college that provides educational opportunities to a diverse community of learners in support of workforce and economic development.
DACC will be a premier learning college that is grounded in academic excellence and committed to fostering lifelong learning and active, responsible citizenship within the community.
As a learning-centered community college, DACC is committed to the following core values:
Education that —
- offers lifelong learning opportunities
- fosters dynamic learning environments designed to meet the needs of our students
- guarantees equality of rights and access
- ensures integrity and honesty in the learning process
- provides comprehensive assessment of learning
- Students who will be —
- respected for their diversity
- provided with a safe and supportive learning environment
- challenged to become critical and independent thinkers
- expected to take an active role in their learning process
Leaders and employees who—
- practice transparency and inclusiveness in decision-making through shared governance and with external stakeholders
- encourage and support professional growth
- demonstrate high ethical standards and integrity
- encourage collaborative interaction among faculty and staff
- practice responsible fiscal management and personal accountability
- ensure equal opportunities for a diverse faculty and staff
Communities that —
- build partnerships, including educational alliances
- strengthen industry partnerships to provide workforce development services and programs in support of economic development
- develop and adapt instructional programs in response to changing educational needs
Business and Public Services Division Mission and Vision Statement
The Business and Public Services Division of DACC serves a diverse community of learners by preparing students who choose a business or public service course of study with the knowledge and skills to successfully become professionals in a career technical field; or by preparing them to succeed in a transfer degree program that leads to a bachelor’s degree.
- To provide quality instruction by placing emphasis on the teaching/learning process, professional faculty development, and selection/retention of qualified faculty;
- To provide quality credit courses, certificates, and degrees to meet student interests and to prepare them to meet the employment needs of the community;
- To provide quality instruction which will successfully prepare those students who are planning to continue their education at a four-year institution.
Administrative Technologies Department Mission Statement
The Administrative Technologies Department provides students with innovative programs designed to support the workforce needs of medical facilities and businesses by utilizing online and on-site instructional methods that meet current industry standards.