The Doña Ana Community College (DACC) Health Sciences Division is hosting a Health Fair on Tuesday, February 18 and Wednesday February 19, 2020 on the Espina Campus, 3400 Espina St.
The “Passport to Health” includes numerous events for the community, current students and those thinking of seeking a health degree.
“We invite anyone interested in allied health to attend this event,” said Health Sciences Dean Josefina Carmona. “These two days offer something for everyone including members of the community and our students, who learn to value networking and learning from their peers in other disciplines, just as they will do in their professional careers.”
The event includes:
February 18 &19
- “Happy Smiles” free dental services for children ages 2-17 will be provided by the dental assisting and dental hygiene students in DASH 80.
- Richard D. Pineda will deliver a keynote address. An Associate Professor in the UTEP Department of Communication, he is the Director of the Sam Donaldson Center for Communication Studies. His research and teaching focuses on politics, leadership, media, popular culture and Latinidad. He is scheduled to speak in DASH 77 at 8:30 am on the Espina Campus.
- The Blue Cross BlueShield Health Van which helps improve health outcomes will be in the DAHL Parking Lot near the Library providing free glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure screening from 9 am to 2 pm. Please RSVP to (575) 528-7071.
- The Care Van is a 30-foot mobile health clinic that travels statewide.
- Several DACC health programs will provide various health screenings.
- Graduating DACC health student will present their Capstone Presentations on topics specific to their majors in DASH 71,75,77 & 79.
- An Employment Fair will be held in the South Great Hall of DASH.
- From 9:30 am to 4 p.m., an Open House for all five Health Sciences departments will be held including the Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Health Care Assistant, Nursing, Radiologic Technology and Respiratory Therapy programs.
- There will be door prizes and more for students, potential students and the community