This versatile program has been designed to allow graduates to take advantage of expanding career opportunities available throughout the healthcare system. It consists of options which can be taken separately for individual certifications, or together as part of a complete program. Individual options are phlebotomy, nursing assistant, and electrocardiogram technician.
Clinical Requirements: Please complete clinical requirements for nursing assistant, phlebotomy tech, electrocardiography tech, patient care tech, and medical assistant courses. Requirements will need to be uploaded to www.certifiedprofile.com before the student can register for a clinical course.
Advising: Early advising will contribute greatly to your success. Click on this link for advising information.
Student Learning Outcomes for the Health Care Assistant Program
Students will be able to:
- utilize appropriate medical terminology
- apply the concepts of patient safety measures
- employ concepts of medical asepsis
- demonstrate use of available resources
- demonstrate professional ethical concepts
- effectively perform basic patient care skills
- demonstrate effective communication skills
- demonstrate ability to successfully pass a competency examination