Work-study awards are a form of financial aid which provides jobs for students who need help to pay their educational expenses. You must complete a FAFSA application by the priority deadline of March 1st. When completing the FAFSA, make sure to answer “yes” to question #31 (are you interested in Work-Study?).
You must complete your financial aid file to be considered for work-study. This means you must submit any additional documentation being requested.
How to Apply for a Work-Study job
You will be required to create an account with Career Services in order to search and apply for a Work-study position. Please follow these instructions:
- Go to the Career Services home page.
- Click on Student AggieCAREER Manager Login link.
- If you are a registered user, simply type your username and password, and then click Login. If you are a new registrant, proceed to “Click here to Register”.
- Fill out your profile. Towards the end of your profile you will see a highlighted section labeled VERY IMPORTANT, you will need to
- Follow the instructions to complete your registration agreement. After all of this is done, click on the “Register” button.
- Scroll over “My Account”, then “My Documents” on the left hand side to upload your default resume.
- Click on “Job Postings” and select Work-study jobs.
For technical assistance, please contact Career Services at 575-527-7776 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Note: When applying for a Work-study position, please make sure that you have been awarded Work-study funds; otherwise you will not be considered for the position.
How will you get paid?
Students with work-study jobs are placed on the university payroll and will be paid every two weeks through direct deposit to their bank account. Work-study fund wages are never applied directly to a student’s bill. You will receive a paycheck for working a job and can use these funds to help offset your costs.