FAFSA – Easy as 1-2-3!

Before Starting the FAFSA: Create an FSA ID

An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use.

To create an FSA ID CLICK HERE.

Need help creating an FSA ID?

FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):

You’ve probably heard of the FAFSA, but do you know what it is and just how important it can be for you and your family? Filling out the FAFSA is one of the first steps in the financial aid process, and determines the amount that you or your family will be contributing to your post secondary education. The results of the FAFSA determine student grants, work-study, and loan amounts. We recommend that everyone fills out the FAFSA; it only takes about an hour to complete, and you may be surprised with the results.

Click here to start your FAFSA now.


2019 FAFSA Workshops

The DACC Financial Aid Office hosts free workshops to help students and families complete FAFSA applications. The best time to complete your FAFSA application is between October 1st and March 1st. If you would like help completing the application, or you just have questions, join us for one of our workshops. Bring your information (see below) and we will help you complete and submit your FAFSA application.

DACC East Mesa Campus
2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011
Academic Resources Bldg. (DAAR) – Library Classroom 203G

  • July 8, 2019 – 9:00 -10:00 AM
  • July 24, 2019 – 3:00 -4:00 PM

DACC Espina Campus
3400 S. Espina St, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Academic Readiness Center (ARC), DAMA Room 116E

  • July 17, 2019 – 3:00 -4:00 PM

*Please note, dates and times subject to change at any time.

What to bring: 

  • 2017 Federal Tax Return and W-2 forms (for aid year 2019-2020)
  • 2017 Untaxed Income tax records
  • Social Security card – It is important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
  • If married, your spouse’s 2017 Federal Tax Return
  • Foreign Tax Return, or Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
  • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)

If you have any questions please call 575-528-7001

*Students with disabilities may contact our office for individual assistance.