Before Starting the FAFSA: Create an FSA ID
An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. Only create an FSA ID using your own personal information and for your own exclusive use.
To create an FSA ID CLICK HERE.
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):
You’ve probably heard of the FAFSA, but do you know what it is and just how important it can be for you and your family? Filling out the FAFSA is one of the first steps in the financial aid process, and determines the amount that you or your family will be contributing to your post secondary education. The results of the FAFSA determine student grants, work-study, and loan amounts. We recommend that everyone fills out the FAFSA; it only takes about an hour to complete, and you may be surprised with the results.
FAFSA DACC SCHOOL CODE: E00876
2019 FAFSA Workshops
The DACC Financial Aid Office hosts free workshops to help students and families complete FAFSA applications. The best time to complete your FAFSA application is between October 1st and March 1st. If you would like help completing the application, or you just have questions, join us for one of our workshops. Bring your information (see below) and we will help you complete and submit your FAFSA application.
***October – December 2019***
DACC East Mesa Campus
2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd, Las Cruces, NM 88011
Academic Resources Bldg. (DAAR) – Library Classroom 203G
- October 28, 2019 (3:00 – 4:00PM)
- November 4, 2019 (9:00 – 10:00AM)
- November 18, 2019 (3:00 – 4:00PM)
- December 2, 2019 (9:00 – 10:00AM)
- December 16, 2019 (3:00 – 4:00PM)
DACC Espina Campus
3400 S. Espina St, Las Cruces, NM 88003
Academic Readiness Center (ARC), DAMA Room 116E
- October 16, 2019 (3:00 -4:00 PM)
- November 3, 2019 (3:00 – 4:00PM)
- December 10, 2019 (3:00 – 4:00PM)
DACC Gadsden Center / Sunland Park Center
- See Financial Aid Advisor at location for more information
*Please note, dates and times subject to change at any time.
What to bring:
- Please set up a FSA ID for a quicker process BEFORE attending a workshop by visiting. www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Student and/or parent (if applicable) 2017/2018 Federal Tax Returns/Transcripts as well as all W-2 forms
- 2017/2018 Untaxed Income tax records
- Social Security card – It is important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
- If married, your spouse’s 2017/2018 Federal Tax Return
- Foreign Tax Return, or Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Please arrive on time – students who arrive at closing time will need to attend a future session.
If you have any questions please call 575-528-7001
*Students with disabilities may contact our office for individual assistance.