Doña Ana Community College Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships strives to provide financial resources for students pursuing higher education by assisting with the elimination of financial barriers. We are committed to promoting an affordable and accessible education to a diverse student population.
- Provide quality customer service and accurate information.
- Process aid efficiently and in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide precise and clear consumer information regarding financial aid.
- Maximize sources of governmental, institutional, and private funding for students.
- Work cooperatively and communicate effectively with other NMSU/DACC offices and the community in meeting the goals of the institution.
Financial aid is money that is given, earned, or lent to help students pay for their education. Federal government programs provide approximately 70% of the financial aid granted nationwide. Though the term “financial aid” is frequently used to describe any funds a student obtains to attend college, it is important to recognize different types of financial aid. Keeping it as simple as possible and ignoring the few exceptions, there are four major categories of financial aid: Grants, Loans, Workstudy, and Scholarships.
Federal regulations require schools which administer federal student aid funds to provide certain information to prospective and current students and parents. Click Here to find links regarding various important topics related to DACC.
Do you have a question? Contact Us or Ask us a Question