Veterans Programs

Veterans ProgramsThe Veterans Services Office at the Doña Ana Community College works in partnership with the Veterans Administration to assist veterans and dependents eligible to participate in the Montgomery GI Bill® Education Benefits Program.  Whether you are a new or a continuing student, you can find the information you need to participate in the program by following the links below.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at”



Application Process

Applying for Benefits

How to apply for VA education benefits and required forms

Certify Your Enrollment Here

You may certify your classes for the following chapters: 30, 1606 and 1607 through Muskogee, OK on or after the last calendar day of each month you are enrolled.  In addition, if you prefer to certify your classes by phone please call 1-877-823-2378.

Payment Information

Information on pay, partial payments, chart for calculating training time base on number of credits for which you are enrolled. Information on work study.

End of Term Grades/Repeating Courses

Information you need to know regarding your classes after each term of enrollment as well as information about repeating courses prior to registration.

Post 9-11 GI Bill and Other Programs

The Department of Veterans Affairs administers a variety of education benefit programs. Many Veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one education benefits program.

Pending VA Payment

In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679(e), New Mexico State University adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post-9/11 G.I. Bill (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from VA.


Useful VA Links

GI Bill Guide:

Transition Guide: From Military to College:

Military Scholarship Guide:

Veteran Scholarship Guide:

GI Bill Comparison Tool:

VA Blog:

VA Twitter:

VA Facebook post:!/VeteransBenefits/posts/10152181892448416?stream_ref=10


New Students

To apply for the first time or if you have not used your VA educational benefits within a year, complete a VA application form and submit all completed applications to the DACC Veterans Programs Office.  All applications are sent the VA Regional Office for processing.  All incomplete applications will not be processed and you will not be eligible for benefits.

Use the following application forms:

  •    22-1990 for veterans
  •    27-5490 for dependents

The VA application and other forms are available at the DACC Veterans Programs Office or you may apply online at It may take 8 to 10 weeks to process at the VA Regional Office, so apply early.

The amount of benefits you receive is determined by the Department of Veteran Affairs and is based upon on the number of credit hours for which  you are enrolled.

Transfer Students

If you collected GI Bill benefits from another institution, you must complete one of the following forms to change Doña Ana Community College as your parent institution.

  •    Form 22-1995, if you are receiving benefits through Chapters 30, 32, 1606, and 1607.
  •    Form 22-5495, if you are receiving benefits through Chapter 35

You may bring your completed form to the DACC Veterans Programs Office or we can provide one for you.  These forms are kept confidential and for our records only.

Note: If a student has pending paperwork, verification of application will not be completed.


DACC Veterans Programs

Doña Ana Community College
East Mesa Campus
(2800 North Sonoma Ranch Blvd.)

Debbie Loera, VA Coordinator

MSC-3DA, PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001

Office: 575.528.7081
Toll Free: 1.800.903.7503
Fax: 575.527.7763
E-mail: or