STEPS TO APPLY
First-Time College Students
Fill Out the Application for Admission
Online Application Form
- Please note that you will be redirected to an external site.
- Create a PIN number and a Password
- Be sure to select “Doña Ana” in the section “Campus Where You Plan to Enroll”
- Pay the $20 application fee. See our Application Fee Payment Options at the bottom of this page.
Application Fee Payment Options
- Pay using the online application form. You will have the option before you finish the form.
- Pay by check or money order payable to New Mexico State University. Include it in your application form. The application form can be delivered by hand at our offices or mail it to the address below.
- Pay in person at any of our cashier windows at NMSU or DACC East Mesa Campus. Keep your receipt.
- Pay by telephone. Call our cashiers at 575-527-7516. Have your credit card ready.
Send Application and Fee toOffice of Admissions
Doña Ana Community College
2800 Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
Las Cruces, NM 88011-1656
Get School Transcripts
Request official High School transcripts or GED test scores and college transcripts (if applicable) from each educational institution attended. All official transcripts must be mailed directly to DACC Office of Admissions by the records/registrar’s office of the issuing institution(s).
If your college/university is able to send official transcripts electronically, we will accept them through eSCRIP-SAFE as long as your school is a member SENDER. DACC does not accept transcripts sent or carried in hand by applicants themselves or transmitted by fax. High School transcripts must show GPA and Date of Graduation.
DACC requires an English translation of all foreign-language transcripts.
Please Note: Students who complete their high school diplomas online or through correspondence programs, are eligible for admission to the NMSU system if the schools are regionally accredited or accredited by agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Take the ACCUPLACER Test If Necessary
Make arrangements to take the ACCUPLACER Assessment by contacting the DACC Student Resources Testing Center at 575-527-7569 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. There is no cost for the first assessment and ACCUPLACER study guides are available.
ACT/SAT scores that are less than 2 years old may be accepted in lieu of the COMPASS assessment and it is not required for you to take the assessment.
Set Up Your MyNMSU Account, Get an Aggie ID, and Attend Freshman Orientation
Now that you have been admitted to DACC, what are the next steps? First you will need to activate your student account by visiting MyNMSU. You will need your AGGIE ID# (800-**-****) which is located on your acceptance letter and your date of birth to establish your student account. Obtain your Aggie ID by visiting NMSU ID Card Services, located at Corbett Center Student Union. Once you have completed the process, click here for the next 10 steps to enrollment.
Attend a Mandatory Freshman Year Orientation (NOTE: By clicking on this link, you will be directed to an external NMSU page.)
Talk to an Academic Advisor and Register
Make an appointment for a consultation with your program advisor. Click on one of the three links below to find the advisor for your program. Contact information is included. Programs are listed alphabetically: