Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I get a Library Card?
- For how long can I check out an item?
- Is there a limit to how many items I can check out?
- Can magazines or journals be checked out?
- I need an item that the DACC Libraries don't have. How can I obtain it?
- How much are photocopies?
- Do the DACC Libraries have access to the Internet?
- Do the DACC Libraries have any computers for word processing?
- Can I check my grades or register for classes at the DACC Libraries?
- Do the DACC Libraries have any fiction books?
- Where can I return the materials I have checked out?
- Can I bring my food or drink into the DACC Libraries?
- FAQ's in Spanish (Preguntas)
Your student ID is used as your library card. If you do not attend classes at either DACC or NMSU, we can enter your information in our computer and you may use your driver's license or another form of ID for future checkouts.
Books may be checked out for 3 weeks. Audiovisual materials circulate for one week. To renew library material(s), please call 505-527-7555 (main), 505-528-7260 ( East Mesa ), or email email@example.com.
Undergraduates may check out up to 25 books at a time. Guest patrons, or non-student patrons, may check out up to 10 books at a time. Audiovisual materials are limited to 2 items at a time.
Only patrons with faculty privileges may check out magazines or journals.
We can request and obtain items from the NMSU Libraries collection and/or the NMSU-Alamogordo Library collection through our Library Express service. Items from other libraries may be requested through InterLibrary Loan.
The DACC libraries have photocopy machines available for public use. Photocopies are 5¢ per page.
You bet! The DACC libraries provide access to the Internet on our computers. You are welcome to do school and/or personal research, or check your e-mail.
Sure we do! The DACC libraries have computers that can be used to access MS Office (MSWord) and/or Corel Suite (WordPerfect). Items can be printed at no charge using a laser printer.
To check your grades or register, you must know your User Name and Password. From one of the Library's computers, enter the URL https://my.nmsu.edu. From this address, you may check grades, register for classes and more!
The DACC Libraries maintain a collection of books, periodical, and audiovisual materials that support the programs and courses being taught at the community college. We do not have many fiction books, but we are able to get books for you on any topic through InterLibrary Loan. Books for Swap are also available in the main DACC Library and most of these books are fiction.
Materials may be returned at the DACC Main Library, East Mesa Library, NMSU Libraries, or NMSU-Alamogordo Library.
We allow food and/or drink in our libraries.