Doña Ana Community College Click the NMSU logo to visit NMSU's site. Home of DACC. Need our logo? Get it at

MyNMSU • Canvas • Phone Directory • Intranet • Outlook Web Access

Search with Bing™

Will I need a license to practice?

Sonographers are required to obtain a license to practice in some states.

Currenty New Mexico and Oregon have licensing laws; other states have introduced similar legislation. 

Check with your local state authorities on licensing requirements.

  • NM Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Program

    The objective of the Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Program is to maximize the protection practicable for the citizens of New Mexico from ionizing and non-ionizing radiation in the practice of medical imaging. New Mexico requires licensure from this Department in order to perform medical imaging procedures or radiation therapy procedures.