Clinical Clearance Documentation Requirements
Prior to registering for any course that has a clinical component students will need to provide up to date clinical clearance documentation. This documentation is required by the clinical sites where we go to practice skills. This helps to ensure that students going into their facility will be clear of disease and of a history of abusive behavior.
Please note clinical documentation cannot expire during the semester! If any part of your clinical documentation expires during the semester dates you will be asked to obtain new documentation prior to registering for a clinical course.
Please provide current documentation for the following:
- Measles Mumps Rubella two shots or a MMR titer (blood level)
- Varicella two shots or a Varicella titer (blood level)
- Tdap (within the last nine years) a Td only will not be accepted pertussis is also required.
- Hepatitis B three shots or Hepatitis B titer (blood level)
- Flu shot (required annually)
- Tuberculosis test (required annually)
- 7 Panel Drug Screen (good for only 2 years)
- American Heart Association BLS for Health Care Providers Certification (good only for two years)
- Caregiver Criminal History Screening (good only for two years)
- NEW REQUIREMENT!!! All students taking a clinical course will be required to have proof of Health Insurance Coverage beginning in November for registration for Spring 2015 courses.
Clinical Requirements Packet
Enclosed in this packet is all the information you will need to complete to register for the Nursing Assistant or Phlebotomy courses.
The central campus is located at 3400 S. Espina Street, the health and public services bluiding is on the back side of the campus off of Sam Steel Way street and Wells street near Interstate 10.
Drug Screen and Criminal History Screening will expire after two years from original date of clearance.