Before Starting the FAFSA: Create an FSA ID
To create an FSA ID CLICK HERE. For questions about the FSA ID please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid#pin-replacement
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid):
You’ve probably heard of the FAFSA, but do you know what it is and just how important it can be for you and your family? Filling out the FAFSA is one of the first steps in the financial aid process, and determines the amount that you or your family will be contributing to your post secondary education. The results of the FAFSA determine student grants, work-study, and loan amounts. We recommend that everyone fills out the FAFSA; it only takes about an hour to complete, and you may be surprised with the results. Click here to start your FAFSA now.
FAFSA SCHOOL CODE: E00876
Spring 2017 FAFSA Workshops
Location: DACC East Mesa Campus
2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd
Academic Resources Bldg. (DAAR) – Library Classroom 203G
- Tuesday, January 10th, 9:00-10:00AM
- Thursday, January 26th, 9:00-10:00AM
- Wednesday, February 8th, 9:00-10:00AM
- Thursday, February 23rd, 9:00-10:00AM
- Thursday, March 2nd, 9:00-10:00AM
- Tuesday March 21st, 9:00-10:00AM
- Wednesday, April 5th, 9:00-10:00AM
- Thursday April 20th, 9:00-10:00AM
- Tuesday, May 9th, 9:00-10:00AM
- Thursday, May 25th, 9:00-10:00AM
Location: DACC Central Campus
3400 S. Espina
DAMA, ARC Lab, Room 116E
- Wednesday, January 18th, 3:30-4:30PM
- Wednesday, February 15th, 3:30-4:30PM
- Wednesday, March 8th, 3:30-4:30PM
- Wednesday, April 12th, 3:30-4:30PM
- Wednesday, May 17th, 3:30-4:30PM
Location: DACC Gadsden Center
1700 E. O’Hara Road Anthony , NM 88021
- Monday, February 27th, 2:00-3:00PM Room 125
- Wednesday March 8th, 9:00-10:00AM Room 125
Location: DACC Sunland Park
3365 McNutt Road Sunland Park, NM 88063
- Thursday February 16th, 9:00-10:00AM Room 118
- Thursday March 2nd, 2:00-3:00PM Room 122
For the 2016-2017 school year you will need financial information from 2015. You will need and/or refer to:
- FSA ID: Go to https://fsaid.ed.gov to sign up. For question about the FSA ID please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid#pin-replacement
- 2015 Federal Tax Return and W-2 forms
- 2015 Untaxed Income tax records
- Social Security card – It is important that you enter your Social Security Number correctly!
- If married, your spouse’s 2015 Federal Tax Return
- Foreign Tax Return, or Tax Return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
If you have any questions please call 575-527-7696
*Some Financial Aid Awards are limited and are awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis.
**Students with disabilities may contact our office for individual assistance**
Students requiring transcripts from the IRS will do the following:
- Choose your transcript…
- Tax Return Transcript provides most line items from your original return.
- Tax Account Transcript provides basic info, including marital status, type of return filed, AGI, taxable income, and later adjutments, if any.
- Gather your information…
- Social Security Number(or your IRS individual taxpayer identification number);
- Date of Birth;
- Street address; and
- Zip Code or Postal Code.
- Go get your transcript!
- Go to Order a Transcript or Call 1-800-908-9946
Visit the IRS website for order information. NOTE: We cannot process your request online if you need transcripts mailed to an address other than the one we have on file for you. To send your transcript to a different address, complete and send Form 4506-7 or call us at 1-800-829-1040.