Information for Parents
Give Your Child a Head Start on College!
Your son or daughter can earn college credit now, while they are still in high school. Students who enroll in DACC Dual Credit Program during their junior and senior years simultaneously earn college and high school elective credit. Many students have earned certificates.
Dual Credit is a Great Deal:
· No tuition or registration fees. Classes are free except for occasional lab fees and high school districts and charter schools pay for textbooks.
· Some dual credit courses will seamlessly transfer to NMSU and other state schools.
· Students have full access to all DACC Student Services including computer labs, libraries, and tutoring services.
· The Dual Credit program meets the new high school graduation requirement that all students must take at least one Dual Credit, Distance Learning, Advanced Placement or Honors course.
· The Dual Credit program does not impact Lottery Scholarship eligibility.
· According to FERPA, DACC faculty and staff are prohibited from discussing grades or enrollment status with anyone other than the student unless a release form is submitted.
· Does your child require special services? According to the Dual Credit Statute, special service accommodations must be provided by the state charter school or high school district.
Dual Credit opens the door to college and beyond, best of all it is FREE!. Encourage your son or daughter to meet this new challenge. Remind them to speak to faculty members or get tutoring assistance if needed. Most of all, ask questions about what they’re learning and show your pride in their achievement.
If your child attends a private school or is home-schooled consider our EARLY ADMISSION PROGRAM. Tuition and book fees apply to this program.
More questions or concerns?
Please call us at 575-528-7256 or email us.