Give Your Child a Head Start on College!
Parents, did you know that your son or daughter can earn college credit while attending high school. Students who qualify for the DACC Dual Credit Program simultaneously earn college and high school elective credit. Through this program, some students have been able to also earn DACC certificates.
Dual Credit Benefits include:
- No tuition or registration fees. Classes are free except for course fees and your high school pays for textbooks.
- Some dual credit courses will seamlessly transfer to NMSU and other state schools.
- Students have access to all DACC Student Services including computer labs, libraries, and tutoring services while enrolled in the program.
- The Dual Credit program meets the high school graduation requirement that states all students must take at least one Dual Credit, Distance Learning, Advanced Placement or Honors course.
- The Dual Credit program does not impact Lottery Scholarship eligibility.
- According to FERPA, DACC faculty and staff are prohibited from discussing grades or enrollment status with anyone other than the student unless a release form is submitted.
- Does your child require special services? According to the Dual Credit Statute, special service accommodations must be provided by the state charter school or high school district.
Dual Credit opens the door to college and beyond, best of all it is FREE! Encourage your son or daughter to explore this opportunity. Remind them to speak to faculty members or get tutoring assistance if needed. Most of all, ask questions about what they’re learning and show your pride in their achievement.
More questions or concerns?
DACC Dual Credit Program
2800 N. Sonoma Ranch Blvd.
DAEM Building, Room 210
Las Cruces, NM 88011