The student is responsible for all deadlines required by the Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program for admission. This includes all orientation dates, times and information concerning the application process. The applicant is also responsible for reporting any changes in name, mailing address and other contact information.
The following is required for all applicants: High School diploma or GED and a minimum college GPA of 3.0
Students NOT currently enrolled at DACC/NMSU start at #1
Students currently enrolled at DACC/NMSU start at #3
- Fill out the Application for Admission to DACC form and submit this form with an admission fee of $20.00 to the DACC Admissions Office, located at the East Mesa Campus, Student Resource Building. At this time DO NOT state your major as diagnostic medical sonography. State your major as PDMS (pre-diagnostic medical sonography).
- Request official transcripts from high school and all colleges you have attended prior to DACC. Use the “Official Transcript Request” form that is available on the DACC website and have the transcripts sent directly to the Admissions Office at DACC.
- Attend a Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Orientation Meeting. Call (575)527-7630 or stop by the Health & Public Services Division (Central Campus Room 190) to schedule.
- Complete all pre-requisite course requirements by the semester for which the application is submitted.
- Submit the following documents to the DMS Program by April 1st: (forms are provided at the orientation meetings).
a. DMS Program application form
b. Resume outlining your educational and work experiences
c. Health Profile Form and Immunizations Records
d. Unofficial copy of all college transcripts (including those from DACC or NMSU)
e. Clinical Site Selection form
f. Proof of personal health insurance (i.e. copy of your insurance card)
g. TEAS V exam results
Note: The following documents pertain to certificate candidates ONLY
h. Copy of your current professional certification card (Allied health degree candidates)
i. Copy of your diploma (Bachelor degree)
Mail or deliver all forms and documents to:
Darla Matthew, DMS Program Director
(H&PS Building Room 190D)
MSC 3DA PO Box 30001
Las Cruces, NM 88003-8001
All documents must be received by April 1st