DACC Career Technical Education Day
October 27, 2017
Dona Ana Community College
In order to better serve the educational needs of young people and the workforce needs of industry in Dona County, Dona Ana Community College will host Career Technical Education Day with a focus on continued improvement of guided pathways that connect secondary to post-secondary through our dual credit Programs of Study.
In accordance with the Carl D. Perkin Career and Technical Education Improvement Act of 2006, section 135, DACC will provide professional development to secondary and post-secondary teachers, faculty, administrators, and career guidance and academic counselors who are involved in integrated career technical education programs.
Our Career Technical Education Day will focus on connecting secondary programs to current post-secondary programs, which have been vetted by active industry advisory committees. Our goal is to develop career technical programs of study that:
- incorporate secondary and post-secondary education elements
- include coherent rigorous content in a coordinated progression of courses that are not duplicated and align secondary education with postsecondary education to adequately prepare students to succeed in post-secondary education
- assist students in participating in dual credit including understanding of college admissions, testing, registration, advising, and academic supports
- lead to industry recognized credentials, a post-secondary certificate or associate degree
- lead to employment in high skill, high wage, or high-demand occupations
Current dual credit Programs of Study will be evaluated using the CTE Tool for Evaluating Programs of Study developed by the NM Public Education Department, College and Career Readiness Bureau.
Join us for a tour of our Career and Technical Education programs and engage with peers during a working lunch centered around the review and evaluation of current secondary and post-secondary programs of study and the quality of dual credit programs of study. Click on the “Agenda” link for an itinerary of the day’s activities.
To register, click on the “Registration” link.
Maps to our campuses, https://dacc.nmsu.edu/publications/locator-maps/
Parking options for the Career and Technical Education Day scheduled on October 27th are:
- Visitors may obtain a free visitor parking permit at http://auxadminforms.nmsu.edu/ParkingForms/ePermit.aspx
- Visitors may obtain a free visitor parking permit at the Parking Office located at 1400 E. University Avenue, Suite 110.