DACC Open Computer Lab Guidelines
Doña Ana Community College strives to provide students with the needed resources to succeed in college. To maintain our facilities, we ask that you observe the following procedures:• To use the equipment in the lab, you must be enrolled at (DACC, NMSU, Adult Education, DACC Community Education, dual credit high school courses). You may be asked to show your ID or other documentation.
- To use the equipment in the lab, you must be enrolled at (DACC, NMSU, Adult Education, DACC Community Education, dual credit high school courses). You may be asked to show your ID or other documentation.
- No one under 13 permitted to use the lab unless enrolled at DACC or NMSU.
- You must use your own NMSU username and password to logon to the computer, using another student’s credentials could result in disciplinary actions. Adult Education students should ask lab staff for assistance to logon to a computer.
- Several computers are attached to special equipment or have special software. We may ask you to release them to students needing to use them.
- The computer lab phone is limited to 3 minute phone calls.
- Any special requests need the approval of the lab supervisor. Lab assistants do not have the authority to grant any special requests.
- Printing is monitored, we ask that you print only one copy of your document and keep your printing to 25 pages per visit. Anything over 10 pages will need to be released by lab staff. The printers are set to Duplex by default to keep paper usage to a minimum.
- Cell phone use is not permitted in the open computer lab. Please take all calls outside of the lab. If you need to have your cell phone on while in the lab place it on vibrate or silent so you are not disturbing others using the lab.
- The lab assistants are available to help troubleshoot equipment or software. They can help only at their level of expertise. Your instructor is to provide any definite answers to questions you may have about your homework.
- The computer lab is NOT RESPONSIBLE for any personal items lost or left in the lab. Any lost items are taken to the DACC Security Office (527-7777), with the exceptions of USB drives recovered in the lab.
- Save your work on your own storage media for example: USB drive, email, or Cloud drive. Lab personnel are not responsible if you lose your work.
- Students are not allowed to fix, change, move or re-configure any equipment. This includes adding paper to the printers or touch printer settings. If you need any help with the equipment, please ask a lab staff.
- NO EATING IN THE COMPUTER LAB. Drinks are allowed in closed containers. Make sure that if it tips over that it will not spill on the lab equipment or carpet
- Please clean up after yourself.
- A user will be asked to leave the lab for fighting, using profanity, or viewing pornographic material. Additional disciplinary action will be taken.
Disciplinary sanctions will be followed in accordance with the NMSU/DACC code of conduct, for any infringements of these policies. For any questions or concerns contact:
Computer Lab Staff:
Kathy Bell, Lab Coordinator (575) 527-7657
Help Desk (575) 527-7561
Walter Lee, CC Lab Tech, Instruction (575) 528-7028
East Mesa Campus
Help Desk (575) 528-7265
Kathy Bell, Lab Coordinator (575) 528-7337
Joseph Acosta, Computer Lab Supervisor: (575) 882-6802
Sunland Park Center
Mariano Herrera, Computer Lab Supervisor: (575) 874-7783
Chaparral Learning Center
Chaparral Operator Telephone: (575) 824-2000