About Academic Advising
Academic advising is an ongoing, shared partnership between you and your academic advisor that focuses on practically helping you identify, plan and achieve your academic goals.
In an academic advising session you may...
- Discuss your interests, skills, abilities, values and potential
- Identify academic goals
- Choose a major
- Strategically plan out steps toward your goal
- Identify effective academic study skills and habits
- Solve problems that impede your progress toward your goal
- Be referred to appropriate campus resources
- Learn how to use useful computer technology like the my.NMSU.edu account, learn.NMSU.edu and the STAR Degree Audit system
- Select and register for courses