Freshman Admission Requirements
Doña Ana Community College provides educational opportunities to prospective students who desire to prepare themselves for the world of work or for a college-level education. The community college endorses the open-door admission concept and will admit-to the limit of its physical and financial resources-new, first-time students who wish to attend and who have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Follow these procedures when applying for admission to any Academic Program at Doña Ana Community College.
1. Complete the undergraduate admission application ONLINE. You will be directed to New Mexico State University's application website. Please create a PIN # and Password to gain access and be sure to choose "Doña Ana" in the section "Campus Where You Plan To Enroll." Submitting your online application is a one-time option and you will not be able to re-submit it for any future terms of enrollment. If you prefer to download and print your application in a PDF Format, click HERE.
2. Submit a $20 Nonrefundable Application Fee
3. Request official High School transcripts or GED test scores and college transcripts (if applicable) from each educational institution attended. All official transcripts must be mailed directly to DACC Office of Admissions by the records/registrar's office of the issuing institution(s). If your college/university is able to send official transcripts electronically, we will accept them through eSCRIP-SAFE as long as your school is a member SENDER. DACC does not accept transcripts sent or carried in hand by applicants themselves or transmitted by fax. High School transcripts must show GPA and Date of Graduation. DACC requires an English translation of all foreign-language transcripts.
NOTE: Students, who complete their high school diplomas online, or through correspondence programs, are eligible for admission to the NMSU system if the schools are regionally accredited or accredited by agencies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
4. Make arrangements to take the COMPASS Assessment by contacting the DACC COMPASS Testing Services at 575-527-7569 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no cost for the first assessment and COMPASS study guides are available HERE. ACT/SAT scores that are less than 2 years old may be accepted in lieu of the COMPASS assessment and it is not required for you to take the assessment. If you wish to request your scores to be sent to DACC Admissions, our school codes are ACT (2651) and SAT (6296).
5. Attend a Mandatory Freshman Year Orientation. EXPLORE-CHALLENGE-SUCCEED
Please call 575-527-7710 to reserve your spot or complete the First Year Orientation RSVP Form. Freshman Year orientations will be held on the following dates:
East Mesa Campus
April 30, May 21, May 28, June 11, June 25, July 9, July 23, August 6
June 4, June 27
********************First Year Orientation begins at 9:00 a.m.************************
Next 10 steps to enrollment for admitted freshmen
Now that you have been admitted to DACC, what are the next steps? First you will need to activate your student account by visiting MyNMSU. You will need your AGGIE ID# (800-**-****) which is located on your acceptance letter and your date of birth to establish your student account. Once you have completed the process, click here for the next 10 steps to enrollment.
All required documents and fee must be sent directly to:
Office of Admissions
Doña Ana Community College
MSC - 3DA, PO Box 30001
2800 N Sonoma Ranch Blvd
Las Cruces, NM 88011
Toll Free: 1.800.903.7503