What is Dual Credit?
Dual Credit - Start Your Education Early!
Get a jump start on college and take classes at DACC, tuition free!
Why Should You Consider Dual Credit·at Doña Ana Community College?
• Earn college credits tuition free
• Be successful and build confidence in a college-class environment
• Learn what to expect from college
• Reduce the cost of your college education
• Potentially earn a certificate or more at the college level
• Explore college majors and possible careers
• Enjoy smaller classes and personalized attention from faculty
• Enrich your life by exploring programs not available at your high school
• Earn high school elective credits at the same time
• Allow an easier transition to college
What else should I know?
- Most single college classes are 3 credits. For every 3 credit DACC course taken, you accumulate 1 high school elective credit.·
- Dual credit students are not eligible for financial aid as they are admitted as a non-degree student. However, if you do not pass your classes or recieve a "W" for any of your classes, this·can affect·possible financial aid in the future.
- Dual Credit students cannot take developmental courses or audit courses.
- DACC's academic calendar starts and ends at different dates than high school calendars, however, you·are·required to attend DACC courses even if your high school is not in session for a particular day.·
- Grades earned through dual credit enrollment become part of your permanent academic record at your high school, DACC and NMSU, and most other post-secondary institutions you attend.·
- In most cases, you must provide your own transportation to and from the DACC campus. If you park a car at the DACC central campus, you need to purchase an NMSU parking sticker. Parking is free at the DACC- EMC, GEC and SLPK campuses.
- Enrolling in college courses is a big commitment! Dual credit provides many opportunities to pursue your interests. Just be careful to balance community college courses with your other academic and extracurricular activities.·